HAZMAT Drivers

HAZMAT Drivers

I’m thinking of joining the HAZMAT crew. I’ve been reading this article about the do’s and don’ts of hauling dangerous goods by different ways of transport, and I’ve got some questions. https://newjobs4you.com/blogs/trucking-documentation/dangerous-goods-regulations/

1. First off, how tough is it to get a HAZMAT endorsement
  2. Second, how much extra do HAZMAT drivers make compared to regular drivers?
  3. Third, what are the highs and lows of being a HAZMAT driver?

Thanks folks

Comments
Leroy
Leroy
Hazmat drivers make more money for sure
Declan
Declan
Just pass the background check, take a test, and you’re good
Gordon
Gordon
endorsements aren't a walk in the park
Aidan
Aidan
Don't forget about working long hours and sometimes spend nights away from home.
Magnus
Magnus
you gotta deal with a lot of stress and pressure. Follow strict rules and regulations, and be careful not to cause any accidents or spills.
Denzel
Denzel
According to Indeed, the average salary for a HAZMAT driver in the US is $71,760 per year, which is about 25% higher than the average salary for a truck driver.
Josef
Josef
Getting a HAZMAT endorsement ain’t easy, but it ain’t impossible either. You gotta pass a written test and a background check.
Fred
Fred
You gotta pay a fee of $86.50 every five years to keep your endorsement.
Addie
Addie
drivers make more dough than regular drivers, 'cause they take more risks and have more responsibilities.
More Comments
Recruiting Agency Commercial
703 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject