What should I expect at Schneiders?

What should I expect at Schneiders?

Starting my orientation on December 27 in Indianapolis Indiana! I’m both excited and nervous for it.

Comments
Josie
Josie
don’t worry, the butterflies in your stomach will turn into eagles once you hit the open road!
Strickland
Strickland
Just remember, what happens in Indy stays in Indy, except for the skills—you take those with you!
Benito
Benito
You’ll learn the ropes, get your wheels greased, and if you’re lucky, they might just show you where the best truck stop coffee is at 👌
Milo
Milo
Its a mix of classroom and computer instruction, yard practice, and actual street driving around town, usually industrial park areas.After the three weeks, provided you pass the final road test, you go out on a truck for a week with a 'training engineer' where you guys will run actual loads. You learn a lot about how to deal with shippers, trip planning, etc there.
GGG
GGG
Didn't go to Schneider so can't touch on that. But I can give advice, I remember being a new driver going through a mega for my CDL and experience, ask questions if you think of something ask even if it seems like a stupid question ask it anyways chances are someone else is thinking of it anyways but won't ask the question aloud to an instructor or trainer.
Leroy
Leroy
I went through them like 1.5 years ago. It’s nothing to be nervous about, it’s like 7-4 each day, no weekends. If you have the option or money to get your own room, I would if it’s available, just because weekends you don’t really want to be cooped up w someone else.
Mike
Mike
Expect lies and half truths, Expect poverty for a couple of years. If you're ever offered a truck lease remember these words. It is always a bad idea to lease a truck from the same company you depend on for your revenue, ALWAYS.
More Comments
703 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject