Rookie driver seeks advice

Rookie driver seeks advice

I'm a new driver looking for some guidance on finding a good company to work for. I found this article on the best small trucking companies and I'm curious if anyone has any experience with them. The article claims they offer good pay, benefits, and home time, but I don't know how trustworthy it is. Anyone got any feedback on these companies?

I'm looking for a company that respects me and doesn't make me haul too much dead animals or deal with too many police officers. I don't mind driving a Kenworth T-600 or a Mack truck as long as it's in good condition and has a comfortable sleeping compartment. Any suggestions would be welcome

Comments
Epic
Epic
I heard good things about J.B. Hunt and Schneider. They pay well and have decent trucks. Check them out if you can.
HFUER
HFUER
I’ve worked for several companies over the years and I can say that they all have their pros and cons.
Roman
Roman
You should do your own research and talk to other drivers. Personally, I like working for Swift and Prime. They have good equipment and flexible schedules. But you have to be careful with their dispatchers, they can be tricky sometimes.
Moon
Moon
Ye, you gotta deal with the cops, they’re always on your tail.
Thomas D.
Thomas D.
Hey rookie, welcome to the road. I’ve been driving for 15 years and I can tell you that article is full of crap. Those companies are all shady and will rip you off. You want a good company, look for one that has a union and treats their drivers right. And don’t worry about the dead animals or the cops, they’re part of the job. Just keep your eyes on the road and your hands on the wheel. Good luck out there.
RoadMan
RoadMan
You sound like a nice guy, but you need to toughen up a bit. This ain’t no picnic, this is trucking. You gotta haul whatever they give you, even if it stinks or bleeds.
Rory
Rory
Hey kid, you want to drive a truck? Why don’t you start with a tricycle first and work your way up? Ha ha, just kidding. But seriously, don’t believe everything you read on the internet. Those companies are all scams.
More Comments
HMD TRUCKING Commercial
5,148 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject