Truck drivers should boycott low quality foods in truck stops.

Truck drivers should boycott low quality foods in truck stops.

This is mostly a rant. But I'm so sick and tired of pulling into a truck stop and seeing a subway,a Arby's, mc Donald's etc...I mostly eat at smaller truck stop diners and things like that. But obviously it's not always an option. Cooking in the truck is not a great option to me. Mostly due to cleaning etc. I don't know, I feel like we as truckers should stop giving money to fast foods placed in truck stops. And maybe they'll start putting some better food in there.

Comments
Declan
Declan
If we all band together and give these fast food spots the cold shoulder, maybe they’ll get the message
Fergus
Fergus
I hear ya, buddy. These truck stops need to ditch the junk and serve up some decent eats. We’re on the road all day; we deserve better than just another soggy sandwich
Clayton
Clayton
It’s high time we hit the brakes on these fast food joints and demand some real chow🐄🐄
Moon
Moon
I was a chef for 30 years and now I'm a trucker. The food at most truck stops is pretty bad. I've tried a few mom and pop trucker diners and they were awful. If I want something that I didn't make my go to is Mexican. I can usually get a Carne Asada plate or tacos. The best thing at the Pilot is the Jalapeño Cheese Hotdogs if you can find a soft bun. Unfortunately most of the foodservice world is in really bad shape right now. It would be better if half the restaurants in the country closed down because chronic understaffing isn't going to get better.
Epic
Epic
Have you ever tried Middle Eastern food? There is a Love’s in Greenup IL that has a Naf Naf I have been trying to stop for my meal at that place. The food is tasty fresh and not leaving me feeling bloated.
Benito
Benito
Almost every name brand truck stop I've been to has had salads, fruit, yogurt, pretty much any healthy option I can think of. The restaurants you mentioned also have those healthy options.
Leroy
Leroy
Unfortunately you (and I) are the minority. Those places are everywhere because they make huge profits off drivers. Look at the next 100 drivers you see at a truck stop - how many look like they’d eat at a healthy place?
More Comments
736 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject