Trucking is a lifestyle is a big fat lie

Trucking is a lifestyle is a big fat lie

Trucking to me is a a job and a career. I tried to understand why it a lifestyle.

Trucking to me is a a job and a career. I tried to understand why it a lifestyle. I been trucking for two months now and I still see it as a job and a career. When I think about it, some truckers just don't enjoy it like I do. I defined lifestyle of someone working a 12 hour shift at a freaking chicken factory or some other factories. I been there so I know what it's like. I didn't had no life. Only time I had to myself were 3 hours. After them three hours I had to sleep and do the 12 all over again. Now I am a truck driver I have more time then I ever did to myself. So to sum it up, the only way trucking is not a lifestyle to me because of the background I come from. I love what I do now.

Read more...

Comments
Eddie
Eddie
Sometimes it can feel like a chore, but mostly I love it
Lepe
Lepe
It is about living life on your terms
Alastair Glover
Alastair Glover
Driving the highway, I think is what you make of it. For some, it’s just turning the wheel, but for others, it’s the freedom of the open road.
Marni
Marni
No need for that stopping to get coffee, it wastes too much time, we brewed our own in the cabinet off the inverter.
Keanu
Keanu
The lifestyle people are slowly being fazed out. Its a job. Glad you like it. Free coffee around the corner
James R.
James R.
My shift I worked on was 12 hours and 6 days a week. The money wasn't all that. I got paid $640 after taxes every week. Before I left that job my plant manager told me I will make more money here than truck driving.
Fleur
Fleur
It is a lifestyle in a way, but not as most think of it. Takes a special breed to do this job, and the 'life style' is not for everyone. I have tried other work, and always wind up back in the truck. One thing though, I own the truck, if I had to drive for someone, I would not be in this industry any longer. Ownership has its benefits.
Mck
Mck
Working 70 hours every week and 3 days off each month...I'd call it a lifestyle...pay off my house then its part time driving for me..I need some strange. 😁
More Comments
745 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject