Is it normal for a prior truck driver to miss the truck and road?

Is it normal for a prior truck driver to miss the truck and road?

I have been off the road for a month and a half. I moved into a Safety Coordinator position at a completely separate company. I find myself having a difficult time sitting behind a desk and only going out to do random checks on employees. I love the freedom of movement I have now, not stuck in truck stops, having an easier time cooking without much hassle, but I long for the road and my truck.

Comments
Addie
Addie
Sitting behind a desk can feel like being caged
Fred
Fred
Desk jobs can’t compete with that horizon stretching’ out in front of you.
Josef
Josef
The road’s like an old buddy, always calling you back for one more run 🛣️
Eddie
Eddie
I do enjoy being able to tinker around the house more, be around my son, but I'm finding that my S/O and I are really butting heads now.
Iqra
Iqra
Like asking a veteran if they 'long to be a soldier' again. I know I do. Apparently the trick is to not let what we do define who we are. You made a good move. The positive change in family is their thank you and your reward.
Rory
Rory
Idk yet, but probably. I miss it after being home for more than two days lol
Hello
Hello
Drove for 13 years. I miss going places and seeing things, meeting new people. Other than that, I want to be home.
Mck
Mck
I took a break from trucking and missed it every day.
More Comments
523 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject