Do you have trouble sleeping when you come home from being OTR for 3-4 weeks?

Do you have trouble sleeping when you come home from being OTR for 3-4 weeks?

I toss and turn all night when I’m in bed at home. In my sleeper, i’m just fine. Will this go away once I go local? Will this be a problem for the long term?

Comments
Magnus
Magnus
Try some white noise, might trick your brain into thinking you’re still in your sleeper.
Aidan
Aidan
I hear ya. It’s like your internal clock’s still on the road
Josef
Josef
Your body’s used to the hum of the engine. Give it time, it’ll adjust to the quiet of home
Barney
Barney
Used to have trouble sleeping at home, but not anymore. I think it’s because I changed my driving schedule and lifestyle. I try to drive during the day and sleep at night, and follow a regular routine.
Seamus
Seamus
I have trouble sleeping at home too. I think it’s because I’m used to the noise and vibration of the truck. I try to make my bedroom as dark and quiet as possible, and use earplugs and an eye mask.
Mck
Mck
I cannot explain to you how hard I laughed at this comment lol
Eddie
Eddie
Just hire a lizard to stand outside your bedroom window and make reefer noises all night.
Strickland
Strickland
+ I had to get a white noise machine because I missed the sound of my APU so much.
Leroy
Leroy
I don’t sleep in my bed at home anymore
Benito
Benito
You get to used to the bed in the truck that the bed at home feels foreign
Krueger
Krueger
I have trouble sleeping when I get home. It's the relative size distance. It's like moving from a home to a castle.
More Comments
513 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject