What do you do to stay healthy?

What do you do to stay healthy?

A new survey shows that 21% of drivers are walking away from trucking due to "health issues". How do you stay healthy while on the road? Or what can trucking companies do to help its drivers stay healthy?

Comments
Daniels
Daniels
Keeps the blood pumping
Gordon
Gordon
whenever I stop, I make sure to stretch and take a quick walk.
Haroon
Haroon
Staying healthy is all about balance.
Orlando
Orlando
Health issues are no joke, especially for truck drivers.
Haroon
Haroon
Health issues are a big reason why I want to quit trucking. It is too much stress and not enough sleep for me. I can't keep up with the demands of the job and still take care of myself.
Eva Johnson / Customer Support
Eva Johnson / Customer Support

Many people believe that a healthy lifestyle means constant restrictions and discomfort. There are many ways to be healthy without making drastic changes in your life!

To be healthy, you often just need to eat a balanced diet, get a little exercise in the fresh air, drink more fluids, get 7-8 hours of sleep, and avoid stress.

Drivers spend a lot of time sitting for hours behind the wheel, concentrating on work and trying to drive as many miles as possible, so they often forget about their health. This is even more true for newly minted truck drivers. However, drivers can take some simple steps to improve their physical and mental health during long hauls.

• Get enough sleep. It's no secret that it's not always easy, but this point is the most important. If the driver does not get enough sleep, the body cannot perform many important 'maintenance' activities. This will affect mental and physical health, leading to weight gain and high blood pressure. Creating the perfect sleeping set is the best way to get a good night's sleep. It is worth ensuring a working fan or heater (depending on the weather). Planning for proper sleep should be a priority for every driver to improve their health and stay safe.
  • Make time for exercise. They should not take up a lot of time. If a driver is on the road, just 15 minutes of vigorous exercise can help them stay fit and improve their health. There are several ways to be productive when you don't have access to a gym.
  • Folding bike. There are plenty of places on the road where you can get a quick ride. A folding bike easily fits in your sleeping space and can be carried into the cabin while you sleep.
  • Walking or running. It matters less where a person is, and there are opportunities to walk or run everywhere. Even if the driver just does a lap around the trailer, it's already a benefit and not that hard to do.
  • Kettlebells or dumbbells are all you need for a quick workout with exertion. Remember that they need to be protected while you're driving. Make sure there is a place where such equipment can be placed so that it doesn't move freely around the cab or truck bed, as this could pose a safety hazard.
  • Self-loading exercises: squats, jumps, and push-ups are simple exercises that can be done anywhere, anytime.
  • Healthy food and water: Try replacing unhealthy drinks with a glass of pure water when you feel thirsty. Carry a bottle of water with you wherever you go, and then you won't have an excuse not to take a sip. Try eating healthy food avoiding junk or fast food. Pack your own meals and snacks that are nutritious and balanced.
Leroy
Leroy
I try to eat healthy and avoid junk food or fast food. I pack my own meals and snacks that are nutritious and balanced. I also drink plenty of water and limit my intake of caffeine, alcohol, or soda.
Roman
Roman
I do some simple workouts that target my muscles, joints, and cardiovascular system.
Aidan
Aidan
I go to the gym when I can when I am at work I sometimes stop and do pushups, squats and so on
Benito
Benito
I take 1 liter milk after dinner and before going to bed! This habit helped me a lot in terms of body appearance......
Marni
Marni
Moving, moving, moving! I prefer workouts, running, simply walking after driving.
Mulder
Mulder
+ The most challenging thing is getting enough exercise. The easiest thing to control is what goes in your mouth. Drivers can eat more healthy meals.
Iqra
Iqra
Move - is health! That's what my granny always said.
More Comments
The Best Freight Broker Commercial
749 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject