What is everyone's biggest fear when driving ???

What is everyone's biggest fear when driving ???

Just a simple question that I'm curious about. What is everyone's biggest fear when driving a truck day after day?
Since I'm still a rookie, I have a lot of potentially scary things to look forward to. Since I started solo in early November last year, I was extremely worried about being inexperienced and driving in bad wintery weather, but now that I've experienced it and did fine, my biggest fear day in and day out is a blowout. I know it's probably not a big deal to y'all veterans, but it can happen at any time. I'll probably be cruising down the highway on a beautiful day and I'll hit a pothole I didnt see and hopefully not freak out too bad haha.

Comments
Denzel
Denzel
Honestly, it’s the long hours away from family
Aidan
Aidan
Rookie or not, a blowout’s always gonna be a jolt
Josef
Josef
For me, it’s the thought of missing a critical sign and ending up on a no-truck route
Ayden
Ayden
getting stuck behind a Swift driver 🤣
Declan
Declan
My biggest is running out of coffee. I can handle anything else as long as I have my caffeine fix. Blowouts, breakdowns, traffic jams, you name it. But if I run out of coffee, I’m done for
Seamus
Seamus
Getting stuck somewhere. I hate it when I can’t find a parking spot, a rest area, or a truck stop. Or when I get lost, take a wrong turn, or end up on a restricted road. Or when I have to deal with low bridges, tight turns, or narrow streets. I don’t want to waste time, fuel, or money trying to get out of a bad situation.
Fred
Fred
My biggest fear when driving is hitting someone or something. I always try to be alert and careful, but you never know when someone might cut you off, run a red light, or pull out in front of you. Or when there might be an animal, a debris, or a stalled vehicle on the road. I don’t want to hurt anyone or damage my truck or cargo.
Leroy
Leroy
Just last week while going east on CO-86 at about 0400, I saw literally 12 deer on the right shoulder and in the middle of the road. Gave me my first hard brake.
Krueger
Krueger
Any bad situation where a school bus is involved.
Benito
Benito
1) Steer blowout. 2) Running over a pedestrian, even more active of a fear now that I do walmart dedicated.
Krueger
Krueger
Any bad situation where a school bus is involved.
Eddie
Eddie
Having a cyclist roll up on my right while I'm looking at the red light waiting to make a right turn, and parking under my mirror.
Rory
Rory
those are my top 3.
Roman
Roman
Im just a rookie but i fear three things. 1) rollover from sudden gusts of wind 2) someone tries insurance fraud accident 3) mountain driving and suddenly snow and ice and i cant shutdown.
GGG
GGG
+ My biggest fear was that at night an animal or even a person would come out on the road in front of me and I wouldn't be able to see them until it's too late. The animals don't bother me too much but I'm afraid of someone basically walking out in front of the truck.
More Comments
Orpik Group marketing company for your business Commercial
645 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject