Blood pressure

Blood pressure

Hey fellow truckers, do you know what the DOT physical requirements are for blood pressure? I found this article that explains it

https://newjobs4you.com/blogs/trucking-law/blood-pressure-cdl-limits-dot-physical-requirements/

Apparently, you need to have a blood pressure below 140/90 to get a two-year medical certificate. If it’s higher than that, you might need medication or a shorter certificate. How do you manage your blood pressure on the road?

Comments
Marni
Marni
DOT’s got a blood pressure obsession
Leon
Leon
DOT’s playing doctor, checking our pipes like we’re vintage engines.
Denzel
Denzel
Blood pressure’s gotta be below 140/90 to snag that golden two-year ticket.
Hello
Hello
I used to have high blood pressure, but I changed my lifestyle and got it under control. I quit smoking, cut down on caffeine and alcohol, and started exercising regularly. I also lost some weight and improved my diet. I feel much better now and I don’t need any medication. My blood pressure is always below 140/90.
Barney
Barney
I take a low dose of a beta blocker every day and it keeps my blood pressure stable.
Moon
Moon
Avoid caffeine, smoking, and alcohol before the DOT physical. They also drink beet juice, eat bananas, and take garlic supplements. These foods help lower blood pressure naturally 🥦🍌💪🚭.
Leroy
Leroy
My blood pressure is usually normal, but sometimes it spikes when I’m stressed or nervous.
Milo
Milo
Try to eat less salt and more fruits and vegetables. It’s hard to find healthy food on the road, but I pack some snacks and look for salad bars when I can.
Mulder
Mulder
I hate going to the doctor and getting my blood pressure checked. It makes me anxious and raises my blood pressure even more 😂😂😂
Josie
Josie
+ I have high blood pressure and I take medication for it. It helps me pass the DOT physical and keep my CDL.
Epic
Epic
I found that drinking water, taking deep breaths, and listening to relaxing music helps me calm down and lower my blood pressure.
More Comments
Commercial
563 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject