Fear of trucking

Fear of trucking

Newbie trucker here, and I gotta say, this job is kicking my ass. I've been on the road for a few months now and I've seen some crazy shit out there. From road rage to bad weather to mechanical breakdowns, it's a constant struggle to keep my cool and stay safe.

Newbie trucker here, and I gotta say, this job is kicking my ass. I've been on the road for a few months now and I've seen some crazy shit out there. From road rage to bad weather to mechanical breakdowns, it's a constant struggle to keep my cool and stay safe.

Today have been reading this article https://newjobs4you.com/blogs/experience/fear-of-driving-personal-stories/ and I'm not gonna lie, though, I have some fears too. Like, what if I get into an accident or get pulled over by the cops? What if I get lost or run out of gas?

And they do get to me. They make me anxious, nervous, and stressed. They make me doubt myself and my abilities. But I don't want to give up. I want to overcome my fears and enjoy the ride.

So, that's my story so far. How about you guys? How long have you been trucking and what do you like or dislike about it? Any tips or advice for a rookie like me?

Read more...

Comments
Benito
Benito
You just have to learn to deal with the challenges and risks. The best advice I can give you is to always be prepared. Check your truck before every trip, plan your route ahead of time, and have an emergency kit handy.
Eddie
Eddie
Don’t let the fear get to you, just keep your eyes on the road and your mind on the job.
Lepe
Lepe
You’ll get better with time and experience. And remember, we’re all in this together. If you ever need help or advice, just reach out to your fellow truckers. We got your back.
Seamus
Seamus
I feel you, man. I’ve been trucking for over a decade and I still get nervous sometimes. It’s a tough job, but it’s also rewarding. You get to travel, see new places, and be your own boss.
Milo
Milo
The key is to stay calm and confident. Don’t let the fear paralyze you or make you panic. Just trust yourself and your skills. And don’t forget to enjoy the ride. There’s a lot of beauty and wonder out there, if you just look for it.
Alastair Glover
Alastair Glover
Hey, welcome to the club, kid. Trucking ain’t for the faint of heart, but it’s a hell of a way to make a living. You’ll see some shit out there, but you’ll also see some beauty and meet some good folks.
More Comments
Facebook Ads Commercial
3,272 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject