How to Reduce Detention Time? Don’t Believe the Hype

How to Reduce Detention Time? Don’t Believe the Hype

ust read this article about how to reduce truck detention time and I gotta say, it’s a bunch of BS. First of all, they talk about communication like it’s some magic solution. Well, guess what? I communicate with the shippers and receivers all the time, and they still don’t give a damn about my schedule. They make me wait for hours, sometimes even days, and then they act like they’re doing me a favor by loading or unloading my truck.

And what’s this about staggering schedules? Are they kidding me? Do they think I have all the time in the world to pick up and deliver loads? Do they think I can just show up whenever I want and expect to be served? No, sir. I have to follow the appointment times that are given to me by the shippers and receivers, and they are usually very tight and inflexible.

Comments
Hello
Hello
It gives ya some easy and smart tricks to cut down on the waitin’ time and get movin’ faster. If y’all think yer so damn good at this, don’t be a jerk to the rookies who could use some help from this.
Moon
Moon
I’ve been using some of the tips from the article, and tbh, they have made a difference in my efficiency and profitability.
RoadMan
RoadMan
Yeah, right. The only communication I get from the shippers and receivers is “wait here”, “come back later”, or “sorry, we’re closed”. They don’t give a rat’s ass about our time or our money.
Mike
Mike
I agree with you 100%,
GGG
GGG
They don’t know what it’s like to be a truck driver in the real world. They think we can just use some fancy software and everything will be fine.
More Comments
Warehouse Service Commercial
4,647 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject