Self Driving Trucks Company in Trouble

Self Driving Trucks Company in Trouble

I’ve said for years this whole thing is a scam and it’s not practical and it just ain’t happening in our lifetimes The company is losing money. TuSimple reported only $4.9 million in revenue and $220.5 million in losses for the first half of 2022.

LINK

Comments
Daniels
Daniels
Ain’t surprised one bit.
Orlando
Orlando
They’re just burnin’ cash faster than a truck burns diesel
Declan
Declan
no machine can replace the know-how of a seasoned driver.
Eva Johnson / Customer Support
Eva Johnson / Customer Support

The transport company for the production of self-driving trucks Tu Simple reported full losses for the past 2022. In total, in the second half of 2022, they managed to earn only $ 4.9 million. Losses in the same period amounted to as much as $ 220 million. Why did this happen?

The management of Tu Simple believes that the losses occurred due to people's lack of confidence in self-driving trucks. Perhaps it's the lack of work of a PR company that could not prove the safety of such a vehicle. Now the company plans to suspend the development of projects and the production of new self-driving trucks. Their goal is to improve the already released samples and offer customers the opportunity for more profitable cargo transportation.

Due to the current situation, Tu Simple is considering laying off as many as 700 employees. The San Diego-based tech company, which operates in Arizona, Texas, and China, now employs about 1,430 full-time employees. Layoffs are necessary to stabilize the current situation partially. However, the one-time dismissal of such a number of employees can lead to an increase in unemployment in the region.

Barney
Barney
TuSimple is just one of many companies that are trying to replace us with robots and save money on labor costs. They don’t care about safety, quality, or customer service.
Marni
Marni
I agree with you that self-driving trucks are a scam and a threat to our profession.
Krueger
Krueger
Imagine that
Iqra
Iqra
A lot of the news articles add that line in there to gain the sympathy. It doesn't work on me. Like I'm supposed to feel sorry for Musk for spending $44 billion on Twatter. That was a **** poor business move to me.
Grayson
Grayson
One of their vehicles nearly crashed into a pickup truck and the company tried to hide it.
Hello
Hello
Self Driving trucks will NEVER become a huge mainstay in this world until its profective ! (at least 10 - 20 more years)
Aidan
Aidan
+ They need to be forthcoming to the public about how this equipment will operate.
Moon
Moon
Self driving anything is just another scam just like 100% renewable energy is. All it is just snake oil
More Comments
NewJob4You Ads Commercial
530 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject