Survey: Majority of Americans back more trucking facilities … just not near their residences

Survey: Majority of Americans back more trucking facilities … just not near their residences

Most Americans support more truck parking, but not near their homes. Many Americans are unaware of the truck parking shortage and its impacts on safety and productivity. Americans value truck drivers and their service, but underestimate how many hours they can drive in a day. The survey calls for more public awareness and government funding to address the truck parking issue.

Your thoughts ladies and Gentlemen

Comments
Lepe
Lepe
It’s a tough one
Aidan
Aidan
Maybe if folks understood how this affects their goods getting delivered, they’d think different
Mari
Mari
I get it, nobody wants a big rig idling by their window.
Addie
Addie
I’m glad that people appreciate our service, but they need to understand that we can’t just park anywhere.
Alastair Glover
Alastair Glover
It’s frustrating that people support more truck parking, but not near their homes. They don’t realize that we deliver the goods they need every day. We deserve respect and dignity, not NIMBYism.
Josef
Josef
+ And we care about public opinion why?
Fred
Fred
Alot of open land away from houses.
Denzel
Denzel
We need safe and accessible parking spaces to rest and avoid accidents.
Magnus
Magnus
The parking shortage is a nightmare for us. Sometimes I have to drive for hours to find a spot, or park illegally and risk getting fined. The government should invest more in building and maintaining truck stops and rest areas.
More Comments
Commercial
557 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject