Knight-Swift moves to buy US Xpress

Knight-Swift moves to buy US Xpress

Knight-Swift Transportation Holdings and U.S. Xpress Enterprises plan to merge in a deal worth approximately $808 million, including debt and equity.

Knight-Swift Transportation Holdings and U.S. Xpress Enterprises plan to merge in a deal worth approximately $808 million, including debt and equity. The deal would add one of the largest and most well-known brands in the industry and increase the revenue base by nearly 30% for Knight-Swift.

The deal also requires the approval of U.S. Xpress shareholders, who own about 58% of the company. The CEO and President of Knight-Swift, Eric Fuller, and the CEO and President of U.S. Xpress, Eric Peterson, will transition out of their roles along with other family members. The deal is expected to close in late Q2 or early Q3.

Read more...

Comments
Eva Johnson / Customer Support
Eva Johnson / Customer Support

Knight-Swift Transportation Holdings and U.S. Xpress Enterprises have announced a major mutually beneficial transaction with a total value of as much as $ 808 million. This solution will combine their capital, as well as all existing debt obligations of the companies. Why would such a solution be needed?

Combining the two companies will help them increase revenue by 30-35% in total, as well as raise the payback of Knight-Swift and make one more recognizable brand. Adherents of both companies can form a more massive purchasing capital.

So far, the decision has not been made definitively, and a decision is expected from the American shareholders of Xpress. It is also reported that CEO Eric Fuller (Knight-Shift) and CEO Eric Peterson (U.S.Xpress) will no longer hold their positions. The confirmation of the transaction itself and the signing of all final documents are expected in the 2nd or 3rd quarter of this year.

The main points after the signing of the deal can be noted: the growth of Knight-Swift's revenue base, the adjustment of the operating coefficient by 2026, as well as the adjustment of the return on investment. Also, with the help of additional rewards for Xpress shareholders and by reducing Knight-Swift's cash flows, it will be possible to achieve a competent asset allocation by the time the deal is signed.

The main points after the signing of the deal can be noted: the growth of Knight-Swift's revenue base, the adjustment of the operating coefficient by 2026, as well as the adjustment of the return on investment. Also, with the help of additional rewards for Xpress shareholders and by reducing Knight-Swift's cash flows, it will be possible to achieve a competent asset allocation by the time the deal is signed.
Strickland
Strickland
+ Maybe it will create more competition and better rates for us drivers in the long run.
Milo
Milo
I’m worried that this merger will lead to more consolidation and less choice for us drivers. Knight-Swift already has a huge market share and they might use their power to squeeze out smaller carriers or lower our wages. I hope the regulators will look into this deal carefully.
Leroy
Leroy
I’m curious about how this merger will impact the self-driving truck industry. I know Knight-Swift has been testing autonomous trucks with Embark Technology. Will they continue to do that with U.S. Xpress? How will that affect our jobs and safety on the road?
Rory
Rory
Knight will eventually control all of us
Mulder
Mulder
I feel sorry for you guys at Usexpress.
More Comments
Recruiting Agency Commercial
502 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject