TravelCenters of America rejects ARKO’s $1.4B offer for chain

TravelCenters of America rejects ARKO’s $1.4B offer for chain

ARKO Corp. offered $1.4 billion for TravelCenters of America’s chain of 281 travel centers, topping BP’s $1.3 billion offer that TravelCenters of America accepted in February.

ARKO Corp. offered $1.4 billion for TravelCenters of America’s chain of 281 travel centers, topping BP’s $1.3 billion offer that TravelCenters of America accepted in February.

However, TravelCenters of America issued a statement that said ARKO’s proposal to acquire TA is neither superior to the transaction TA previously agreed to with BP Products North America Inc. nor is it likely to lead to a superior proposal. Subject to shareholder and regulatory approval, it and BP expect to close on the sale by the middle of the year.

Read more...

Comments
Josef
Josef
+ I’m not surprised that TravelCenters of America rejected ARKO’s offer. BP’s offer was already accepted in February and it’s unlikely that they would change their mind now.
Daniels
Daniels
I think it’s a good thing that TravelCenters of America rejected ARKO’s offer. BP has a better reputation and I trust them more than ARKO.
Elias
Elias
I don’t really care who buys TravelCenters of America as long as they keep the travel centers open and don’t change anything too drastically.
Orlando
Orlando
I’m disappointed that ARKO’s offer was rejected. I think they could have done a better job running the travel centers than BP.
Seamus
Seamus
Ever since Petro closed their Iron Skillet and TA closed their Country Pride Restaurant I will never visit again !
Benito
Benito
I personally hate TA rather hit loves up or sheets is way better an better service
Xander
Xander
Someone tell loves to buy them fools out
More Comments
Orpik Group marketing company for your business Commercial
688 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject