TIL a lawn mower can explode and burn down your house

TIL a lawn mower can explode and burn down your house

I was browsing the news today and I came across this article about a guy in Indiana who lost his home in a fire caused by a lawn mower explosion.

I was browsing the news today and I came across this article about a guy in Indiana who lost his home in a fire caused by a lawn mower explosion. Apparently, he was mowing his lawn near the back of the house when his mower suddenly blew up and set his house on fire. He and another person managed to escape, but the fire spread quickly and destroyed most of the house. The fire department said it was under investigation, but they confirmed that a lawn mower was involved.

This blew my mind. I had no idea that a lawn mower could explode like that. I mean, I know they have gasoline and oil and stuff, but I always thought they were pretty safe to use. I guess not. Now I’m wondering if I should check my mower for any leaks or defects before I use it next time. Or maybe I should just get an electric one or hire someone else to do it.

Has anyone else heard of this happening before? Is this a common thing? I’m curious to hear your thoughts and experiences.

btw here is the article 👉 https://newjobs4you.com/news/indiana-resident-loses-home-in-fire-caused-by-exploding-lawnmower/

Read more...

Comments
Keanu
Keanu
Well, that’s one way to get out of mowing the lawn!
Seamus
Seamus
Guess I’ll be mowing with a fire extinguisher strapped to my back 🧯
Daniels
Daniels
I knew my mower was a beast, but I didn’t know it could go full Michael Bay on me! 💥
Krueger
Krueger
I’m sorry to hear that this happened to the guy, but I can’t help but laugh at the irony 😂😂😂. He was trying to make his lawn look nice and ended up burning down his house. That’s some bad luck right there. Maybe he should switch to artificial grass or something.
Marni
Marni
This is why I don’t mow my lawn. I just let it grow wild and natural 🌾🌾. It’s better for the environment and saves me time and money.
Iqra
Iqra
+ I always thought lawn mowers were pretty harmless, but I guess anything can happen. I hope the guy has insurance and can rebuild his home. Thanks for sharing
Barney
Barney
That’s what you get for using a cheap lawn mower. You should invest in a quality one that won’t explode on you. I have a John Deere and it works like a charm. Never had any problems with it. You get what you pay for, folks.
Levi
Levi
This sounds like a hoax to me. How can a lawn mower explode like that? It doesn’t make any sense. Maybe the guy was smoking or had some flammable materials nearby.
Iestyn
Iestyn
I'll tell you what, if you don't keep your tools in good condition, it can happen to you too. You should always oil them if it needs it.
More Comments
ALTEX LOGISTICS Commercial
660 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject