dispatch absurdity

dispatch absurdity

What is the most unsafe / absurd request you've gotten from dispatch?

Comments
Denzel
Denzel
Sent me to pick up a load that wasn’t ready… for three days! I could’ve driven cross-country and back in that time!
Mari
Mari
Had dispatch tell me to take a shortcut through downtown during rush hour with an oversized load. Sure, and maybe I’ll sprout wings and fly right over the traffic jam!
Fred
Fred
They once asked me to haul a load of ice… to Alaska. In winter. Said it was ‘urgent’
RoadMan
RoadMan
I know planners technically ain’t dispatch, but when I was back with Swift, I got sent a load that delivered at a residence in the winding foothills of North San Diego County, on a dead end street, no less. In all fairness, though, when I got a call from dispatch asking why I declined the load, they were very understanding. Yeah, I’m sure some supertrucker coulda done it with his eyes closed but I was still way too green to even think of doing it
Benito
Benito
Doing flatbed, didn’t even have half my straps thrown let alone secured, obvious unsecured items on deck, dispatcher came out and said “your straps are fine, hurry up and go.”
Leroy
Leroy
I sprung a pretty bad leak in the lower radiator hose. So I called up dispatch for breakdown. She pulled up my location and said there's a terminal little over an hour away. Drive there and get it fixed... 😳
Moon
Moon
Not while trucking, but with UPS as a delivery driver I ruptured a fuel line during my last 2 stops. My lead asked if I could make it back to our building in Seattle during rush hour traffic. I made it, parked it in the shop, and punched out. Came out from the locker room to an ever growing puddle of fuel and left
More Comments
694 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject