How to Survive Bad Weather. Any tips for a Newbie ?

How to Survive Bad Weather. Any tips for a Newbie ?

Hey y'all, I'm a new trucker and I just got my CDL last month. I'm looking for some advice on how to handle extreme weather conditions on the road. I read this article https://newjobs4you.com/blogs/trucking-tips/safe-trucking-in-extreme-weather/ It gave some tips on safe trucking in snow, rain, fog, wind, etc. but I want to hear from some experienced drivers who have been there and done that.

Hey y'all, I'm a new trucker and I just got my CDL last month. I'm looking for some advice on how to handle extreme weather conditions on the road. I read this article https://newjobs4you.com/blogs/trucking-tips/safe-trucking-in-extreme-weather/ It gave some tips on safe trucking in snow, rain, fog, wind, etc. but I want to hear from some experienced drivers who have been there and done that.

What are some of the best practices for driving in bad weather? How do you deal with slippery roads, poor visibility, high winds, and other hazards? How do you plan your routes and manage your time when the weather is unpredictable? How do you keep your cool when things get hairy?

I appreciate any feedback you can give me. I don't want to end up like one of those trucks on the news or worse. Thanks in advance!

Read more...

Comments
Gordon
Gordon
Howdy, partner. I'm a new trucker too. I just got my CDL a few months ago and I'm still learning the ropes. I read that article you linked and it was pretty helpful, Thanks
Daniels
Daniels
Just don't be a hero. If you feel uncomfortable or unsafe driving in bad weather, don't do it. There's no shame in pulling over and waiting for things to clear up. Your safety is more important than anything else.
Lepe
Lepe
Good luck out there, amigo. And remember, when the going gets tough, the tough get going.
Elias
Elias
Hey there. Welcome to the trucking world. I've been driving for over 10 years and I've seen some crazy weather out there. Here are some tips that have helped me:
  • Give yourself plenty of time and space to react
  • Use your headlights, wipers, and defrosters
  • Check the weather forecast and road conditions before you start your trip
  • Know when to pull over and wait it out. Sometimes the weather is too bad to drive safely
Eddie
Eddie
if you can't see the road, it's time to pull over
More Comments
DVL EXPRESS Commercial
2,261 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject