Don’t Miss These Awesome Truck Stops on Your Next Trip

Don’t Miss These Awesome Truck Stops on Your Next Trip

Hey fellow drivers, I just read this article about the best truck stops hidden gems and I gotta say, it’s pretty spot on. I’ve been to a few of these places and they’re worth checking out if you’re ever in the area. Here are some of my favorites:

Hey fellow drivers, I just read this article about the best truck stops hidden gems and I gotta say, it’s pretty spot on. I’ve been to a few of these places and they’re worth checking out if you’re ever in the area. Here are some of my favorites:

• The Big Texan Steak Ranch in Amarillo, TX. This place is famous for its 72-ounce steak challenge. If you can eat it all in one hour, it’s free. I tried it once and failed miserably, but it was still a good steak. They also have a motel, a gift shop, and a shooting gallery. It’s like a mini Wally World for truckers.
  • Jubitz Travel Center in Portland, OR. This place has everything you need to relax and recharge. They have a movie theater, a lounge with live music, a barber shop, a laundry room, and even a dog wash. They also have some of the best coffee I’ve ever had. It’s called hundred mile coffee and it’ll keep you awake for days.
  • Iowa 80 Truckstop in Walcott, IA. This is the world’s largest truck stop and it’s like a trucker’s paradise. They have a museum, a library, a dentist, a chiropractor, and a truck wash. They also have a huge store with all kinds of trucker gear and accessories. You can find anything from CB radios to alligator boots.

There are more places on the list that I haven’t been to yet, but I’m planning to visit them soon. If you have any other recommendations for hidden gems, let me know. I’m always looking for new places to explore on the road.

Keep it shiny side up

Read more...

Comments
Declan
Declan
Jubitz is a lifesaver on those long trips
Seamus
Seamus
No, Jubitz is the real deal!
Randy
Randy
The Big Texan is a must-visit.
Marni
Marni
I’ve been to some of those places too and they’re great. But don’t forget about the small mom-and-pop truck stops that are out there too.
Iestyn
Iestyn
Jubitz Travel Center sounds awesome. I’ve never been there, but I’d love to check it out someday. I’m always looking for places with live music and good coffee.
Strickland
Strickland
That’s a good list of truck stops, but you missed one of my favorites. It’s called the Little America Travel Center in Wyoming. It’s got a huge parking lot, a restaurant, a hotel, and a golf course. Yes, you heard me right, a golf course. They have clubs and balls for rent and you can play a few holes while you take a break. It’s a great way to stretch your legs and enjoy the scenery.
Josie
Josie
I managed to finish the steak, but I felt like a stuffed pig for the rest of the day. It was worth it though.
Milo
Milo
Hey, thanks for sharing this article. I’ve been to the Big Texan Steak Ranch and I can confirm that it’s a hell of a challenge.
Benito
Benito
I’ve been to the Iowa 80 Truckstop and it’s amazing. They have everything you can think of and more.
Keanu
Keanu
The best part of Iowa 80 is the truck wash. They made my truck look like new. I felt like a king of the road when I left that place.
More Comments
WESTERN TRANSPORT LOGISTICS Commercial
717 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject